Green Goddess Smoothie
Back! By Popular Demand
If you need a quick nutrient-dense post-workout smoothie to pound back after your gym session look no further! This green smoothie loaded with phytonutrients that are essential to optimize your recovery so you'll be geared up for the next one. On the other hand, if you need a quick meal while you're on the go this smoothie will keep you feeling full, satisfied and refreshed.
17g Protein | 12g Fibre
Here's what you'll need:
- Kitchen Knife
- 1/2c Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1c Kale
- 1 Large Sweet Apple, Cored & Chopped
- 1c Cucumber, Chopped
- 3/4c Celery Stalk, Chopped
- 1/3c Frozen Mango
- 1 1/2tsp Coconut Oil
- 3-4tbsp Hemp Hearts
- 3-4 Ice Cubes
- 1tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Blend all ingredients together, pour into your favourite cup & enjoy! I added 3oz of water to this recipe to improve the consistency. You can add less or more depending on the desired consistency!
- You can substitute Grapefruit for Orange
- You can substitute Kale for Spinach
- You can substitute Lime for Lemon
- You can substitute Water for Nut Milk
Kale – Rich in folate, vitamin C and K, calcium, iron, and beta-carotene. It’s also a hormone balancer, digestion booster, anti-inflammatory, and contains omega-3 fatty acids.
Cucumber – Prevents water retention, promotes a healthy digestive track, packed with bioavailable minerals, vitamins, and electrolytes.
Grapefruit – Rich in vitamin C and is a great detoxifier for the liver.
Celery – Rich in fibre and B vitamins, prevents water retention
Hulled hemp seeds – A great source of complete protein, contains the ideal balance of omega 3-6-9 fatty acids, and is high in fibre. Hemp seeds also reduce inflammation in the body and balance hormones.
Apple – Source of fibre and vitamin C, helps balance blood sugar levels, boosts digestion, reduces inflammation
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It’s rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which help boost the metabolism and lower the risk of heart disease.
Mango – Rich in vitamin C, fibre, and beta-carotene. It also contains enzymes that help with the breakdown of protein in the body.